PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT.
NOT ADHERING TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAN IMPACT YOUR HEALED RESULTS.
Brows, eyeliner & lip blush:
• It is recommended to eat something before your appointment to make sure your blood sugar levels stay stable during the procedure.
• No alcohol or caffeine consumption 24 hours before your procedure. Alcohol and caffeine can thin the blood, which causes the skin to be hypersensitive, and bleed/bruise more easily.
• Avoid sun tanning one week prior to the procedure.
• Avoid blood thinning medications for 24 hours before the procedure. This includes Aspirin, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen, fish oils tablets. Please consult your physician if this is an issue.• Discontinue Retin-A one month prior to the procedure.
• No Botox 4 weeks prior.
of these products at least 4 weeks before your treatment.
• Do not wear any makeup on the day of your appointment.
• Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
The above instruction also applies when scheduling an eyeliner procedure including the following:
• Eyelash growth serums like Latisse bring extra circulation to the lash line area which results in more growth of hair/lashes. This can cause the skin to be hypersensitive and bleed easily. It is recommended to discontinue the use
• If you wear contact lenses, please wear glasses on the day of your appointment
• Eyelash extensions should be removed 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
• No eyelash perm and/or tinting at least 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
•No caffeine 24 hours, do not drink alcohol or take blood thinning medication 24 hours before appointment. This is actually a MAJOR step in preparing to have your lips tattooed, and also the most ignored. Its crucial to follow this step because these substances can cause much more sensitivity while being tattooed as well as cause you to bleed and bruise while being tattooed, which will directly effect your healed results.
•1 week prior to receiving the lip blush tattoo treatment you'll want to stay hydrated. Exfoliate your lips and keep lips moisturized. Before your lip blush procedure, you will have to be mindful of your lip condition. Things like overly chapped lips, sores, or irritation can affect the way the ink is implanted. You must take extra special care of your lips.
•Take a break from vitamin c serums, retinoids, and glycolic treatments, and chemical peels at least 2 weeks prior to your session and 2 weeks after. Any products that cause skin regeneration are magical of course, but not great for cosmetic tattoos. These serums should not be used on the lips during the healing process and you should avoid direct use to the lip tissue once healed as well.
•Please wait 1 month after lip blush to receive fillers (or 1 month prior). Lip blush and lip filler are actually an amazing combo together. While lip filler gives you outward volume, Lip Blush gives you definition, color, and a subtle natural appearing size increase just by making the most of the lip tissue you were born with. The two together are the ultimate lip duo. We do also have many clients who no longer feel the need to receive lip filler after having their lips tattooed. For many clients lack of shape definition is huge and lip blushing solves that problem. Its subtle and natural looking so people look at you and don't suggest you've had anything done but just wonder how you obtained this beautiful natural glow.
•If you suffer from cold sores (even just once) you must take an anti viral medication (like Valtrex) 2-3 days before, and 3-5 days after having your lips tattooed. This is huge. If you are someone who already gets cold sores, you have the herpes virus living dormant in your system. This means that injury done to your lip tissue can cause a cold sore outbreak. Lip Blush does not cause cold sores, but the injury to the lip tissue can cause the lips to break into a cluster of sores. This is an important step and will totally keep you from having an outbreak. Anti-virals must be prescribed by your doctor. Tattoo artists cannot prescribe medication, you will have to plan accordingly and obtain this medicine in a timely fashion before your appointment.
•Please wait 1 year after using Accutane to receive lip blush tattoo. Accutane causes a lot of dryness to the body, which can lead to patchy healed results. It's best to wait a year after your body has balanced back out to receive any form of tattooing.
•Laser Treatments must be done 4-6 weeks before or 2 weeks after Lip Blush Tattoo.
•Plan ahead. Upon booking your lip tattoo procedure you will be sent pre care, policies, and after care instructions. Make sure you read over instructions carefully. You want to plan ahead and maximize the most of this treatment. Following aftercare instructions are a huge part of what makes lip blush successful.