Eyeliner Homecare Instructions:
NOT ADHERING TO THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAN IMPACT YOUR HEALED RESULTS.
• Splash your eyes with water and wash off any pigment residue immediately after the procedure. Pat dry gently with a clean tissue.
• Wash the skin around the eyes twice a day (morning & night) using a gentle, unscented soap (Cetaphil or baby shampoo). Use your fingertips to cleanse gently and pat dry with a clean tissue.
• Apply ointment starting on the third day. 2-3 times a day for up to 7 days for thick eyeliner (OMIT FOR LASH LINE ENHANCEMENT).
• Scabs will take about 7 -10 days to peel off. Do not pick at the scabs or peel them off prematurely.
• Swelling and redness is normal for the first few days.
• Slight stinging sensation in the first few days is also normal.
• The color will fade approximately 30-50% lighter when the scabs fall off. This is completely normal. Do not feel discouraged if the fading is more than you expected.
• To achieve the perfect eyeliner, we need to see how your skin accepts the initial application and a touch-up appointment is where we will perfect the shape and color.
• No eye makeup is allowed until the scabs completely fall off.
• Avoid sweaty exercises such as hot saunas, hot yoga, and swimming.
• The eyeliner will start to form scabs and they might look dark and thick. As the skin heals, the scabs will fall off in random pieces and might look patchy.
• Flaking and crusting on the tattoo area may occur.
• Avoid pulling off the scabs that are dried on the lashes.
• Swelling occurs up to 3 days after the procedure, especially in the morning.
• Exercising the eyes can help reduce swelling and puffiness. Try blinking actively for 2 minutes in the morning.
• To relieve swelling, you can ice the area with soft gel ice packs.